Counter
Free Site Counter

Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Ooooh, another one!

Let's get it started (stop singing it)...
So, Tuesdays and Thursdays are days that I am learning to love. I only have one class. English Comp, how fun. It's supposed to be a writing class. I have already learned a lot about great writing, but can someone explain to me why we have to read a really boring book in a WRITING class? The teacher told us to read Conrad's "Almayer's Folly" for next week. My roomate said that it took her two hours to read the first 25 pages. Oh, how I am looking forward to reading such a masterpiece! If anyone has read it, I would appreciate if you can write up some cliff notes and send them this way.
Today, after the class, I took my first subway since getting here. I took the 6 train to 86th Street where I spent time with DEVORA! AAAH! Oh, Devora, how do I love thee? Let me count the ways. Um, maybe not. I can't count that high. We were supposed to meet for lunch, but she couldn't leave the office, so we ordered in Piece of Cake's merchandise. I had a really interesting tuna sandwich. It was tuna with granny smith apples, celery and craisins in it. Surprisingly, I really enjoyed it. After lunch, I got to see Devora in action. She was answering the phone, making millions of copies, pretty much running the show. She is AWESOME! She even let me work with the FOLDING MACHINE! She was copying brochures and there is a machine that actually DOES THE FOLDING! I know! It was lots of fun. I left at around 5:30. Yes, I got to spend 4 and a half hours with my beautiful Devora. Plus, she hooked me up to volunteer at the Chaim Dovid concert tomorrow night at 8 at the shul she works at. (KJ at 125 E. 85th Street betweet Park and Lexington) It's going to be awesome! Spread the word!
I think I am starting to get the hang of this blog thing. My roomate thinks I am crazy because I spend a lot of time at the computer (which is hers) anyway, but I think it's fun. Besides, being in the city isn't as interesting as I thought it would be. I guess I just have to learn my way around. My roomate and I have already planned our trip to Toys R' Us! Woohoo! I DON'T WANT TO GROW UP!

1 Comments:

At 2:04 PM, Blogger Devora:-) said...

OMG I freaking love you to pieces

 

Post a Comment

<< Home