Counter
Free Site Counter

Monday, October 30, 2006

:-(

Today was the last day of fieldwork. I was really sad to leave. Joaquin let me do a read aloud with the class today. He said it would be nice for the kids to hear a different voice and he felt bad that he hadn't asked me until today. He showed me some books that I could choose from, then I told him that I had brought a book to donate to the class since it was my last day. He was so happy and asked me what book it was. I showed him the book "You Are Special" by Max Lucado that Devora told me to buy. It is such an amazing book and I recommend it. The author tells beautiful messages through his creative stories.

The read aloud went really well. The kids loved the book and we had a great discussion about it. I don't know why I am still in school. I JUST WANT TO TEACH!

Joaquin loved the book so much and he showed me other books he had that were also pretty deep before I did my read aloud. I read two of his and he asked me which one I liked better. At the end of the day, he gave it to me as a gift along with a Thank You card. I started crying. Not surprising. Mr. Koreman came in at the end to be there for the goodbye even though he left before I started crying. Before i left, I handed Joaquin the card I had made for the class at 1am this morning. He was happy. He said he would have read it to the class and I told him that it's probably better to do it after I leave. I hugged all the kids goodbye and left. They were in the middle of an independent reading assignment of writing thank you cards to parents and kids that donated stuff to the class. A group of my favorite girls wanted to make the card for me. I hope to pick them up or get them from someone.

I just wrote Joaquin a thank you e-mail. I wanted him to know how much I appreciated all the time he gave and that he allowed me to be a part of the class and not just an observer. I PSed the letter and wrote that I am going to try to be in his class for student teaching next semester. I wanted to let him know that I am going to FIGHT for it. We shall see what happens.

I am going to miss those kids. I told them I would visit though. I will have to.

Okay, that's all.

Oh, and Miriam is making time for me tonight. We are HAPPY.

1 Comments:

At 1:33 AM, Blogger mirrac said...

i did make time for u that night... and then u ditched me. good times.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home