Counter
Free Site Counter

Sunday, October 29, 2006

First Day on the Job

Shabbos was great. I got to meet DJ's uber-fab friend Marci and we stayed on her uber-comfy couches. Awesome. On Friday night, I experienced my first KJ Beginner's dinner. It was an experience. I met a lot of cool people. I did youth groups today. Well, it was raining, so I pretty much sat in a room with an adorable 2 year old and his mother. It was fun.

(Editor's note: On Thursday night, I ended up walking to Brookdale and hanging out with my favorite freshmen and I saw some other people, too. Just wanted to let you know so you wouldn't feel so bad about me being bored.)

Tonight, I got to talk to my Jacobs! I MISS YOU, AUSSIE! OY, OY, OY!

Now I am at Devora's and I can't WAIT to go to sleep! Tomorrow, I have to go back to the city, find gifts for the kids and teacher at my fieldwork because Monday is my last day. :( My teacher teased my class by saying, "Some of you will be staying at your fieldwork, and some of you will be switching." WHY CAN'T HE JUST PUT ME OUT OF MY MISERY!?!? I can't tell if he said that to be mean, or if he wants to make me CRAZY and make me think that he might actually let me stay. I guess we'll find out on Wednesday. I really want to be with this fieldwork class for student teaching next semester. When I was there on Monday, I was helping two girls in the class with their work and they said, "How much longer will you be here?" And I said, "Next Monday is my last day." They looked at each other shocked and then one of them said, "Maybe you can ask Mr. Joaquin (their teacher) to let you stay for longer." I smiled and told them that it's not Joaquin's choice, but it's my teacher's choice. We shall see what happens. I am not going to be happy to leave that class. (In case you couldn't tell.)

Tomorrow night, there is an NCSY advisor program at YU. It's a 3 hour seminar about the legal stuff about being an advisor. Should be fun.

Good night!

1 Comments:

At 9:02 PM, Blogger Special Ed said...

shoulda been fun but wasn't. Oh no is this one fo those comments that now written can never be erased?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home