Counter
Free Site Counter

Friday, May 06, 2005

My Philosophical Discussion

On the way home from Monsey, when we were closer to home than not, my little brother asked that common question: "Where are we going for dinner?" To that, my sister replied: H-O-M-E. Then I turned to her and said, "No, it's H-O-A-M. Then my sister said, "Why isn't it spelled like that?"


So, I ask you:

Why isn't home spelled H-O-A-M?

Why isn't laundry spelled L-A-U-N-J-R-E-E?
That's how we say it. The D-R-Y at the end makes it seem as if we should be pronouncing it as "dry."

Why does G-N-O-M-E start with a G?
Why isn't it spelled with a K? They should only allow one silent letter. It's too confusing. They need to choose either K, G, P or M. It's just not right.
That's all of the conversation that I can remember this early in the morning. I guess I can call this post the Thought of the Day.
Not to worry, if I remember any more, I will be sure to let you know!

2 Comments:

At 4:17 PM, Blogger Dani B. said...

This is why they say english is one of the hardest languages to learn. non of the spellings make any sense because engligh was pieced together from a zillion other languages

 
At 9:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home