Counter
Free Site Counter

Sunday, March 05, 2006

Post Shabbos Post

Shabbos was really fun. I love staying in. It makes me feel like I have more time in my weekend so I can do my work. Stop laughing.

Tonight, Shayna and I took a walk to Times Square then went to J2 and ate with Z and her friend. It was lots of fun.

We just got back and I went into the student lounge to see if, by some odd miracle, the book I need came in. (If it doesn't come soon, I am hoping to go to B&N and look at it there) When I went in, I saw that there were a bunch of girls watching Empire Records. I LOVE that movie! I made some kind of excited squealy noise when I saw the screen and this one girl turns around and shushes me with this obnoxious look on her face. I mumbled some stuff as I was checking my mailbox. You might think this wasn't a big deal, but the girls who were with me agreed that it was obnoxious. I HATE GIRLS...a LOT!

Tomorrow, I hope to get work done. Really.

Who wants to know what my family's mishloach manos theme is this year? You do? Good.

So, last year, my mom put lettuce, grapes, an egg, a roll and a roll of candy coins and put a sticker on it that said: "LETTUCE wish you a GRAPE purim which ROLLS into an EGGcellent Shabbos from the Ka$hnow Family." Cute, right? Well this year...

My sister gave my mom the idea to do something fish-themed because the constellation for Adar is fish. After my mom told me her idea, and I gave her mine, we came up with this:

"We are oFISHally wishing you a happy purim. From the Katchnow Family."

My mother is making fish cookies, putting in fish candy and a little bottle of water and putting it in a bowl lined with blue cellophane. Then she is going to wrap it in a net material. I have to look around for some kind of fish crackers. We'll see.

I can't wait to go home! I need to figure out a costume first. I was thinking of using highlight spray and going crazy as a punk. Yes, a punk. Again.

2 Comments:

At 2:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

umm your familys ridiculously cute, i want to hug ur Mom!
and b) can u go as a highlighter! omg awesome idea! be a highlighter! i think i might be one! yay!
love and faith
oooo 2:20 and most of my 5 pg "essay" done hahah b''H!

 
At 1:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

It sounds ADORABLE!!

Chaval the new fish shaped "shkeday marak' (soup nuts/cruchies/soup almonds/soup flotillas - or whatever you may call them) haven't reached the states yet...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home