Counter
Free Site Counter

Thursday, July 14, 2005

It's Official...

Okay, so I am officially 20. However, if you ask me how old I am, I will tell you that I am 19. That's right. I am in denial. And that's not just a river in Egypt. (That one was for you DM, since you are the only one who would appreciate it)

OKAY...SO LAST NIGHT, I ALMOST PASSED OUT! Now, I'll explain.

So, my friend from seminary was in Israel for the entire Shana Bet. Instead of going straight back home (AUSTRALIA), she came to America for a month. She was supposed to leave this Sunday, so I didn't think I was going to see her. Neither did she. I had had a dream a few days ago that she was here, but, alas, she didn't come.

Last night, my parents went to a speaker. They got back at around 10:30pm. My father came in the house and said, "Hinda (that's me), can you go out to the car and get the bag from the trunk?" I said okay, figuring that he wanted me to bring in some groceries. I went outside and my mother was standing next to the trunk and she said, "Can you take the bag out of the trunk?" She had that I-am-up-to-something look on her face, so, naturally, I was nervous about picking up the bag. My first thought was, maybe they got me a laptop. Or that whatever it was was going to bite me.

SUDDENLY, I hear a familiar Aussie voice say, "Sometimes, dreams do come true."

If I said that I FREAKED out, that would be an understatement! I went nuts. After I found my heart, we went inside and she told me that she was supposed to be in Baltimore, but her plans fell through at the last minute so she jumped on a bus to Boston from New York. THAT, my dear readers, is the meaning of a true friend. We spent the day together. It was really nice. She is going back to NY tomorrow morning, but she is hopefully coming to my house next Shabbos since she extended her ticket for another week.

Thank you so much to everyone who sent birthday wishes. I really appreciate it!

Today's Thought

If someone turns 20 and there is no one around to believe her (and she doesn't believe it herself), is she still 20?

1 Comments:

At 10:33 AM, Blogger Karban Nesanel said...

Hinda, who were you on the phone with when everyone called you at midnight....?

:-D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home