Counter
Free Site Counter

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Home!

I'm back. Hold your applause. Never mind...go NUTS!

I spent yesterday morning with the nephews. I started crying a few times. The shuttle to the airport came at 1:30. We ordered it for 1:00, but that's how it goes. I was in the check-in line by 2:30, so it all worked out. The plane took off at 5pm. I sat next to a really sweet Israeli girl who was flying by herself for the first time. B"H, the flight went pretty fast. We landed at JFK at 10pm American time. My luggage came together and I was out of there by 10:40. My parents were waiting for me. They were so happy to see me. Sigh...what can I say? I am easily missable.

We drove straight home from the airport. I had two new voicemails since I checked them from Israel. Thanks, DJ! I fell asleep at around 12 or 1 and when I woke up, we were 5 minutes from home. We pulled into the driveway at 3am. My parents went to sleep and I just wasn't tired. It was 10am for me! Stupid jet lag. So, what did I do? I was on the computer until 5am! Then I went to sleep. I set my alarm for 10:30 and when I opened my eyes, my little brother was sitting across the room. He came over to me and said "I was here since 8 waiting for you to wake up." He works as a junior counselor at a camp in the neighborhood and my mother let him stay home because the camp was going on a field trip to a roller skating rink and that's not my brother's thing. My mother woke up at 11:30, came downstairs and said, "YOU came back from Israel, and I have jet lag!" It was really funny.

My parents took me and my brother out for "breakfast" at 1:30. Okay, we went out for pizza. Then we went to the bookstore next door. I saw Tonny (surprise!), DevorahAC and Rube. My brother had gift certificates there and he said he would buy me CDs for my birthday! I ended up buying 2, but the guy at the counter said that if we wanted our regular discount, we can't use the certificate. So, my father ended up paying. Whatever. It never goes the way you think it will.

My father said I can drive as soon as I pass the "Ema driving test". This means that I have to drive with my mother in the car. It was pouring rain today. Crazy stuff. It's over now. The dude on the radio said that an inch of rain was falling per hour. Whoa.

ANYWAY, that's the update for now. Once again, it was mostly babbling. Oh well. What can you do. For all those who are suffering from withdrawal from my thoughts of the day... I AM HERE TO SAVE YOU!

Today's Thought:
In the song, She'll Be Coming Around the Mountain, who is she?

7 Comments:

At 6:34 PM, Blogger Special Ed said...

i tried to hold my apples but then realized I didn't know where they were. Do I have apples?

 
At 6:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

She'll be drivin' six white horses
When she comes,
(When she comes).
She'll be drivin' six white horses
When she comes,
(When she comes).
She'll be drivin' six white horses,
She'll be drivin' six white horses,
She'll be drivin' six white horses,
When she comes,
(When she comes).


As the adage proves, Behind every successful man there is a woman doing at least 6 times as much work.
CLEARLY, "she" is the wife of Moshiach.
Duh.

 
At 7:18 AM, Blogger Special Ed said...

i just reread that and it said applause not apples an I dyslexic

 
At 9:57 PM, Blogger Shir Chadash said...

I'm posting this on any blog I can get to, please pass it on.

PLEASE stop for a moment and say some tehillim for RENA BAS CHANA ELISHEVA, my dear friend Rena Margolis, who will be staying home this year instead of learning in Darchei Binah. She will be undergoing bone marrow transplants to treat her serious blood disorder.

 
At 1:33 AM, Blogger Karban Nesanel said...

aw Hinda hi!! it was sooo good to see you, even for like, 5 seconds! i missed you!

its ok, i wasnt expecting a present, so dont worry about it.

 
At 1:33 AM, Blogger Karban Nesanel said...

aw Hinda hi!! it was sooo good to see you, even for like, 5 seconds! i missed you!

its ok, i wasnt expecting a present, so dont worry about it.

 
At 3:03 PM, Blogger Karban Nesanel said...

oh, and it's spelled, "ima," not "ema." "ema" is a name....

:-) yeah i have this argument with my st louis cousins all the time...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home