Counter
Free Site Counter

Tuesday, June 28, 2005

My Henna Experience

I went to my seminary's office today to try to figure out how to make up the 3 credits that I didn't get this year. Whoopdeedoo. I got to visit the secretary who was my roomate until January. We left at about the same time. Her excuse was that she had to get married or something. While I was there, my friend who is getting married called me and I asked her if anything was going on tonight and she told me that she was having a henna party. She said that it will start at about 7:30 and I should call her sister so she could reserve a place for me in a taxi.

After that, I went back to my sister's only to run out again to try to find something to wear to my friend's wedding. While I was out, my friend told me that her sister reserved a spot for me on the 5:30 shuttle. It was 3pm. I rushed around trying to find something and ended up buying a skirt that I probably could have bargained the price of, but I wasn't thinking too well. I am going to wear it with a plain black v-neck t-shirt. Weddings in Israel aren't too fancy, so I am making a compromise by wearing a fancy skirt and plain shirt. HA!

Then I went back to my sister's, packed and left again. I was waiting in front of the bank that I would always wait at for the shuttle to Netivot. There was an Israeli girl there too. At 5:40, she called the taxi service and they told her that they moved the stop. Thank G-d she was there. We went to the right stop and got on. We sat in traffic for a good hour, then we finally got out of it. Well, duh.

I got to Netivot at around 8. The henna party was a lot of fun. I can't wait until the wedding! My friend is going to be at a bridal salon from 9-4 tomorrow. There are some places in Israel where you can get your dress, makeup and hair done in one place. It's awesome! I might go with her sister and get my hair and makeup done! Woohoo! Pamper time! We'll see. That would mean less money for me. Maybe my friend's sister will pay for it. *Cough, cough*

That's it for now. I can't wait for the wedding! I am going to dance like CRAZY!

Editor's note: I realize that my blog has been mostly about the details of my day, but the blog is for me too! It's to make up for me not keeping a journal. Okay, I think I've justified myself.

3 Comments:

At 12:16 AM, Blogger Karban Nesanel said...

:-)

dont worry ill iyH update blog tmrw--itll mostl ikely be about israeli bureacracy (sp?) and how annoying it is.

 
At 8:47 AM, Blogger Special Ed said...

i can't wiat for your wedding either. it'll bemad fun. when is it?

 
At 6:07 PM, Blogger Karban Nesanel said...

yeah Hinda, we'll dance for you.

well, i'll dance for you, ed will just move his legs around...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home