Counter
Free Site Counter

Sunday, June 12, 2005

Erev Shavuos (or ShavuoT)

I am spending Shavuos with my seminary. There is a meal tonight, some teachers are going to speak, then we are walking to the Kotel. I remember how incredible is was last year. We walked to the Old City and through the Arab shuk (it was closed...not to worry) and everyone was singing and dancing. It was awesome. Then my friend is going to bring me and some other girls to a married couple she knows that lives nearby for lunch. Then we are going to trek back to seminary, sleep for a while, then have dinner with the school. For the second day, my cousin who lives nearby offered to make a meal for me and some friends. My grandmother is staying there and she needs a second meal anyway.

As thrilled as I am to be in Israel, part of me wishes that I was back at home. I miss my family and friends. I really wish I could be at the NCSY Shavuaton in Boston tonight, so I could see everyone from the Shabbaton. Such mixed feelings. I hope to enjoy myself over Shavuos and I am pretty sure I will since I have a lot of good friends here. They are all going to be leaving the country within the next two weeks, but I will still be here. I am glad that my sister lives here and has 2 of the cutest kids ever to keep me entertained. I know the time will fly by fast, so I am not worried about that. I can't wait to see you all. Please keep in touch for the next few weeks. I really need it. Thanks!

2 Comments:

At 9:14 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Not to worry Hinda! I'm coming home REALLY REALLY REALLY soon!

 
At 9:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey hindaleh!
It was about time for another blog :)
I am so excited for you to spend Shavuot in the Holy Land!
I wish I could be there to celebrate it with you :(
please kiss the kotel for me and enjoy every second of the chag

I just realized that it is probably Shavuot by you now and you wont get this till after
so I hope you did what I said before and really had such a great time!

I really miss not visiting you and Erica/Chava :(
please give everyone a hug for me!

Miss you and love you tons!!!!!!

Love,
~Adina :]

 

Post a Comment

<< Home