Counter
Free Site Counter

Sunday, May 14, 2006

Yes, I'm Still Up

So, for those of you who remember, I have to do a posting every week for my literature class. There's a website called Angel where we have to post a thought on the readings that we did in class. This week, we had to post responses to the creative projects in class. No one posted about mine...yet. Haha. One girl's post title caught my eye.

It was called "Let's Go Yankees- We'll Get Them Next Time." Being me, I opened it up and read it: (Don't worry, it's worth it.)

So I just got back from a Yankee-Red Sox game, which, for all you sports illiterate people out there, is one of the biggest rivalries in all of sports. As a Yankee fan I felt totally at ease and comfortable in the sea of blue and white pin-stripes at Yankee stadium. I can't say the same thing about the guy sitting next to me. He was from what I could see, the ONLY Red Sox fan in my section, maybe in the whole stadium. As I was sitting there listening to other people yell obnoxious comments and rude things to this lone Red Sox fan, I remembered Sarah, Rachie and Jenni's creative project (I'm not kidding, I really did think about it at the game - the Yankees were losing). It was because of their creative project, where they really showed how Janie was treated, that I connected Janie to Mr. Red Sox Man. He must have felt like such an outsider. It must have been so uncomfortable for him to sit there in his flashy Red Sox jersey. It probably was so clear to him that he was so not wanted. Before seeing their creative project, I wouldn't have given this guy two thoughts. I would probably thought he was an idiot for wearing a Red Sox jersey in Yankee Stadium but then I would have forgotten about it. Now I sort of felt bad for him. I guess he got his vindication though, the Red Sox won, 5-3. Don't worry though, we'll get them next time.

I decided that my post for the week was going to be in response to this. I called it:

"Semi Response to Ariella: Yankees? I don't think so."

Ariella's post which compared Janie to "Mr. Red Sox Fan" was interesting, but I do not think that it is that comparable. Ariella said that the Red Sox fan (who was not the only one in the stadium, by the way) must have felt the same way that Janie did. Speaking as an avid Red Sox fan, I must disagree. Us Red Sox fans do not feel like outcasts when we go to Yankees games in full BoSox gear. We CRAVE attention from our rivals. I don't think this fan cared that he was being "excluded". People should have realized this when they saw his flashy Boston jersey. We are PROUD to be fans. Besides...we WON. (Just had to reiterate that fact even though Ariella already wrote it.)

Yes, I am planning to bring this into the realm of the literature: Janie was not a girl who craved to be an outcast. She was not proud to be left out. Imagine how this Red Sox fan felt after the game. Even if he felt put down and harrassed (which is what Yankees fans are great at, by they way. Yes, it's a rivalry.), I am sure that he felt fine after the Red Sox WON. Janie was a different type of outsider. There was no "winning side" for her to have been on. She had no choice but to be an outcast.

Did I mention that the Red Sox won? Oh, I did?

Editor's note: No hard feelings, right, Ariella?


Now, the whole class will see that I wrote it at 3:30am, but early mornings are my times of GENIUS! (It's also the time when I realize that I can't procrastinate anymore.)

Now I can go to sleep. Night night.

1 Comments:

At 2:31 PM, Blogger Karban Nesanel said...

yeah, its true. im sure that red sox fan felt awesome.

and no, he def was NOT the only one there--whenever theres a yanks-sox game, many fans of both teams go to the game, wherever it is.

wv:
fhawkrym

 

Post a Comment

<< Home