Counter
Free Site Counter

Monday, August 21, 2006

Back

We started our road trip at about 7am. We stopped at my grandparents' graves in Connecticut on the way. I wasn't ready for that.

I hung out in Frockaway while my parents met with some people and I got to see Adi and Aliza! I can't believe Aliza is getting married! I am so excited. After that, we went to Amazing Savings and I got some stuff for my apartment. Then my parents and I headed into the city and started moving me in. I came in and saw that one room was already claimed. All that was left was one bedroom with 2 beds, one bedroom with 1 bed and a bed in the living room. I didn't know what to do. I had a lot of stuff (2 college boxes on top of my luggage) and I wasn't sure whether to take the single room because I would feel bad doing that, and I didn't want to take the bed in the living room because I didn't want to get shafted, so I moved into the room with the 2 beds. I unpacked everything and got ready to walk to Penn Station to meet Georgia. We got the train and got to the hotel. While I was here, one of the apartment-mates called me to ask me about the apartment and I told her that I moved into the room with the 2 beds, but I will move if I really have to. Then her roomate called me but I ignored it because I knew she was calling to give me a hard time. She finally left a message (after calling 10 times, from two different numbers) saying that she is moving in tomorrow morning and is moving all my stuff out of the room. I got really mad. Then a text came in saying the same thing. I picked up when she called again (yes, again), and told her that it's not fair because she goes home all the time and Kaila (my roomate) and I didn't. (Kaila and I are the only out of towners. The rest of them are from NY and NJ.) She said, "Well, my grandmother is the one who got us the apartment!" Then I got really mad and said, "Fine.", and hung up.

I was fuming. I had just gotten to this conference and I was miserable already. Thank G-d for Georgia...that's all I can say. I ended up texting this girl back and forth from someone else's phone. I told her that I don't want to stay in the apartment, especially if she is going to keep using the grandmother line and she told me that she won't use it all the time, but she will use it for the apartment. She went on to say that I knew that she and her roomate were supposed to get the good room. I wrote back saying, well I was going to leave a note saying that I would move if I had to. She could have done it differently. I was SO MAD. Then I told her that all my stuff was unpacked (and I mean all of my stuff) and she better not mess everything up. And I told her that if she wants it this way, then she has to call Kaila to tell her that she's living in the living room. We were so excited about sharing a room. I was considering leaving the apartment and maybe going to Schottenstein (single rooms). One of my friends told me to just squash it for Shalom Bayis (peace of the house) reasons. I will squash it, but that doesn't mean that I can't be upset about it now. I knew there would be issues if I lived with this girl. I figured that since I like the other 4 girls a lot, then it would cancel out. I guess there's still a chance, but this is not a good way to start the year.

This is going to be interesting. I don't want to go back there tomorrow night. I don't want to know what she will do to all my stuff. I mean, I made the bed really nicely and everything. I don't have anything to say to her. Mommy!

Why do girls have to be so mean?

2 Comments:

At 8:25 PM, Blogger Devora:-) said...

i am so going to b#@$slap that chick

 
At 9:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Because girls suck....a lot!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home