Counter
Free Site Counter

Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Whoa, Mama!

I was ready to leave for class at 8:55am. Class is supposed to start at 9, but the teacher comes 20 minutes late on average. I usually have no problem being late, but I realized that I was extremely unprepared for the midterm that I would be having at 10:30. So, I called Debra, who I had studied with until really late last night. She was going to study in the caf (yes, I wrote CAF), so I told her that I was coming with her. We went over the material over breakfast and I felf a lot better. The midterm wasn't too bad. The teacher is really smart, so he used fancy English on the questions. I tried to understand it to the best of my ability. Thank G-d, I think I did pretty well. The questions were worth 16 points each and I left one out. Yes, the one with the really hard English. On Wednesday, we are grading our own midterms. He tells us the points that should have been included, and how many points we get added or taken off. Then he takes them back and supposedly is really nice about giving points back. I definitely passed. Let me rephrase that...I HOPE I passed.

The rest of the day went on and on. Education class was nice. The teacher wanted to show us how teachers are portrayed in movies, so she let us watch the beginning of Mr. Holland's Opus. I LOVE that movie. I never even thought about how realisticly teachers are portrayed in it even though it is set in the 60's. Anyone up for a movie night? The second movie she let us see parts of was The Miracle Worker. As most of you probably know, it showed the difficulties with difficult children.

OOH! GREAT news about my fieldwork! In 2 weeks, I was supposed to switch from the 2nd grade class that I am working with at Ramaz to Public School 130 in Chinatown to help with their after school program. However, the dude (sorry...the PROFESSOR) in charge of placements e-mailed us saying that we are keeping our placements. TRANSLATION...I CAN STAY AT RAMAZ! I am so happy about that. I made some friends there. Okay, so they happen to be 7 years old, but as they say, age doesn't matter!

Speech class... I asked the teacher for ideas. She went around the room and a lot of the girls gave some. No offense to them, but most of them were pretty boring. The teacher spoke about persuasive speech and she said that you need to be passionate about what you are speaking about. The class already knows that I am passionate about children and education, so I would LOVE to come up with a topic that has to do with that. Any ideas? I HAVE TO SPEAK A WEEK FROM WEDNESDAY! Whoa... I will hopefully come up with a topic by Thursday...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home