Counter
Free Site Counter

Monday, February 28, 2005

NY NCSY

I spent Shabbos as an advisor for the NY region of NCSY. Let me tell you, it was quite an experience. Very different than NER. I was a bit apprehensive at first, being my first Shabbaton as an advisor, but once I met a lot of the kids, I really enjoyed myself. On Friday, my friend, Sarah (the redhead) and I, RUSHED to the train to get to Brooklyn. She was supposed to be the bus advisor, but she ran late...and I mean RAN late. We had to switch trains and the second train wasn't going, so we took a cab the rest of the way. B"H we made it. It was a three hour drive up to Ellenville. If you have ever seen Everwood, then you would understand this place. We stayed in a little motel on Main Street. The girls in my room were awesome. I really bonded with two of them. We had girly talks at night. I had really missed those! On Motzei Shabbos, we went bowling. It was awesome! I left early to help set up for Melave Malka. The kids got back from bowling at around 1am-ish. We didn't get back to the motel until around 2:30 and by the time we went to sleep, it was about 3. Not bad. On Sunday morning, we went to the motel for breakfast and a small video presentation. They had put together a collection of clips about people and money. The theme of the shabbaton was "Our Cheit Ha'egel" (sin of the calf) It was pretty much about how money isn't as important as we think. I didn't get to see the whole presentation, but the idea was awesome. They had the last scene from Rat Race, where they give away their prize money, a scene from the Twilight Zone where a man got gold from a dying man, then fell asleep for 100 years, and when he woke up, the gold wasn't worth anything. It was a great message. After that, we loaded up the buses and went to the Palisades Mall. To all the JAPs out there, all I can say is WHOA! There are 5 floors of shopping and we only had 2 hours. I ended up going into H&M (didn't buy anything) then Target (how could I not buy anything?)! That's all I had time for. Then we got back on our designated buses (Queens or Brooklyn) and headed back to civilization. We got back to Brooklyn at around 6, then two other girls and I headed back to the city with a car service. Now I'm back and EXHAUSTED! In a good way, of course. I really hope that I can go back for their spring regional. We'll see... I am supposed to prepare a speech for tomorrow. Oy. I should probably get to work. I am really curious to find out what I get on my crash written paper. If I'm not too embarrassed about it, I might even share it! Ha! Good night, everyone!

3 Comments:

At 12:29 AM, Blogger Karban Nesanel said...

i said purple post-it 5 times fast...yeah, i did it.
and im sure your crash paper was great.

laila tov vachalamot metukim Hinda.

Tonny

 
At 12:32 AM, Blogger Karban Nesanel said...

oh yeah, and you should get a wed counter. just click on one when go to a blog. like mine. but you dont have to click on mine. although i would feel quite honored...:-)

Tonny

 
At 4:10 PM, Blogger Karban Nesanel said...

thank you Hinda, im probably going to need you ID for the shuttle next time. thank you.

Tonny

 

Post a Comment

<< Home