Counter
Free Site Counter

Thursday, February 17, 2005

Whoa! It's been way too long...

Okay, so I haven't written for three days! Not to worry, that doesn't mean that I have a life all of a sudden. Let's start with Tuesday. After English class, I came back to chill in my room. Then my friend called me and told me that she was in Union Square and she found a place that can make our shana bet video into a CD! I was so happy! The second my roomate (who was with me in seminary) walked into my room, I told her the great news! So, of course, we jumped on a train and went to Union Square. We tried to find the place that she described, but we couldn't. Instead, we went into every electronics store that we saw (and there were a LOT!) and asked someone in each one if they knew if a place that could convert the video tapes. After a while, I began feeling like a broken record! Finally, I decided to call my friend to find out where exactly the store that she had found was located. She gave us the general address. That's how it works here. It's not numbers and streets. It's between this and this street. We walked in that direction and saw a big store that said "electornics'' in the front, so we went in. This store sold everything. From phones to cameras to TVs. We were sure that this was the place she had told us about. The guy at the cell phone counter asked if he could help us. We told him about our mission. He said, "We don't do that." We were going to walk out until the guy behind him said, "Yes, we do." The he told us to talk to the guy in the yellow shirt who was standing in the middle of the store. We went over to him and repeated our request. He thought about it for a minute then said, "I'm not sure." He asked someone else, who said they could. He said it would be $30 for a video. We told him that we have 2 and he said it would be $60 since they have to charge for the use of the machine. Then he said, "I'll give it to you for $50, I'll hook you guys up." Oh, thanks. My roomate and I stood there for a good 5 minutes considering this. We decided to do it. We really need something to watch in our room to cheer us up. We paid the $50 (plus the million dollars tax that applies in this *wonderful* state) He told us to pick it up on Wednesday. We left the store and took DEEP, CLEANSING breaths. We figured that it made sense since a lot of the girls who were in shana bet with us would want a copy, so we would end up getting paid back anyway. It ends up that this store was not the one my friend told me about. Oh, well... Now onto Wednesday...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home