Counter
Free Site Counter

Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Wednesday...FINALLY!

Okay, so I have finally caught up! This morning, I had set my alarm clock on my phone for 7:30 so I could actually have enough time to daven. When it went off, I had thought that I pushed snooze, but as always, I had turned it off. Thank G-d, my phone rang and woke me again. It was my little brother calling me from my father's cell phone. I answered groggily and my brother asked, "Don't you have class in a half hour?" I looked at my watch and saw that it was 8:20. Oops. I thanked my brother for calling, I think he thought that I was being sarcastic! Ha! So I got up and went to class. Yes, I am proud of myself, too! After my third class, I met Sarah (my redhead friend) for lunch in the Caf. Yes, that is Stern slang for the cafeteria. I think the term was created when an extremely ditzy Stern girl decided that the word CAFETERIA was too long and difficult so she started the fad of saying CAF instead. Great. After lunch, I came back to my dorm to check my e-mail. I thought that maybe the writing center had written back about my problematic assignment. I didn't see the writing center address in my mailbox. However, as I was going through my inbox, there was a letter from someone in the writing center writing from a different address. She wrote a whole letter saying that she is writing from home since she was out sick today. She helped me understand the assignment more and she even sent me an article to use! How cool is she? I want to bring her flowers and give her a big hug when she comes back! After I got over Joy's kindness, Sarah and I walked down 34th Street and I got a pair of shoes in Payless for $4.50. They were having a BOGO sale (buy one get one half off...like, duh!), and we each got a pair. SWEET. Then I went to speech class. Two girls presented their informative speeches on communication and I am giving mine on Monday. Right now, I am researching for the paper that is due tomorrow. I feel so much better now that I have something to write about! I'll keep you posted on how I do. Unless I don't do well, of course. Okay, I am going to get back to work now. I had to catch up on this blog before anyone went crazy with suspense! I hope to be done soon! After this paper is out of the way, I have to work on my speech, then I can start breathing again! Can't wait!

1 Comments:

At 10:55 AM, Blogger Karban Nesanel said...

uh, Hinda, we say "caf" up in yu too.
besides, come on, its soooo much easier saying "caf" than saying cafeteria, right??
have an awesome awesome shabbos Hinda!

Tonny

it was great seeing you last night for more than 5 seconds!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home