Counter
Free Site Counter

Monday, April 11, 2005

Fun in NYC

Shabbos was really nice. I spent it with Rachel, the engaged one. I am so happy for her. B"H she and her chattan (had to write it with T's since he's sfardi) are so cute together! After Shabbos, Rachel's aunt drove me to where Erica was staying because we were going back to the city together. We had a reservation at Eden Wok for 9:45, but we didn't leave Brooklyn until about 10. We were meeting up with some girls from seminary. Erica started this thing where we would get together every motzei Shabbos mevarchim. We ended up getting there at about 11, but not to worry, there were only 4 girls there. We ended up with about 12 girls. It was really nice.

Sunday was a very relaxing day. I slept in, then woke up and read. Sure, there were things I could have done, but no regrets! At about 3:30, Erica, another roomate and I trekked down to 18th Street because the two of them needed a book and I wanted to tag along. We went into a few clothing stores, then we went to Barnes and Noble. After that, we went straight to the CAF for dinner.

I'll skip to the fun part...

At 10:30, Tiff and her friend Jasmine wanted to walk to Times Square. I went along, of course! We walked around the town a little bit. We watched these 4 guys from Brooklyn having a caricaturist draw them. As we were walking out of Times Square, we passed by a few college students standing in a circle and singing acapella. Jasmine went over to them and was like, "Oh, I love you guys! Can you sing for us?" Sure enough, we sat on a ledge and they sang! They were from a community college in San Francisco and they are singing at Lincoln Center tonight at 8:30. They were really good. There were about 12 of them there, but their chamber has 36 people in it. They sang, Stand By Me, My Girl, How About You, and some others. It was so cool! After the performance, we headed back to Brookdale. Tiff ran to her room to get her books, and I ran to get Erica. Then we all headed to Baskin Robbins. I had a milkshake, and Tiff had a latte while she was studying. Erica and I left her there at 1:30.

I HAD FUN IN NEW YORK!
Don't worry, I am not letting it get to my head...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home