Counter
Free Site Counter

Thursday, April 07, 2005

I'm a Big Kid Now...

I got a suit today. I KNOW! Not to worry, I am not turning into a JAP...yet. I went shopping with Bloomie. Today was the first time that I went "real shopping." I have found that I am much more successful when I am not looking for anything. Bloomie wanted to go shopping and I did not really want to. Then I thought, It is so nice out. Why would I stay inside and do nothing. I'll just go along and help her. We walked down 34th Street. We went into Payless and tried on pointy heels. I felt like I was playing dress-up! Sigh. Then we went to Old Navy and I got a sweatshirt. (It's a really cool green one...I had to write that because I would hate to leave you hanging.) Then we went into Sephora. After that, we went into H&M. There is one closer to the dorm, but the one near Penn Station has much more tznius stuff. That is where I bought my suit. I am going to wear it on Pesach. I am still shocked about it. Whoa.

After speech class today, the teacher handed back the pacpers from the speeches that were already done, e.g. mine. I got a (ready for this one?) B-/C+/B-/C+. I was as confused as you are. Then someone explained that there are 4 different grades for 4 different things. The teacher made her little comments. I am really excited about my final speech which I will give in a couple of weeks. I am going to speak about humor/laughter. I am going to start off by saying, (yes, I already have an idea) "Have you ever had to get up in front of a group and speak and you felt really nervous?" Then I am going to go on and speak about how humor/laughter is powerful and can calm you down (in some way). We'll see how that goes.

By the way...IT WAS SO NICE OUT TODAY! I was shocked. I know exactly why it was nice out...BECAUSE THE RED SOX BEAT THE YANKEES 7-3! When I was coming down from speech class, I saw the security guard that it a Mets fan and he told me. He makes fun of me for being a Boston fan, but I tell him he can't because he's a Mets fan. Will they ever learn?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home