Counter
Free Site Counter

Friday, April 01, 2005

It's April Fool's Day! Haha!

I hope my last post didn't scare anyone. I have NOT turned into some political stand taker. Don't worry.

ANYWAY, yesterday, after class, a girl that I became close to who was in her first year of Afikei this year, came to visit me. She is in a seminary in Queens. It was so nice to see her. Seeing people that I knew or saw around in Israel is very comforting to me. It reminds me that people over there still exist even though I'm not there. Deep, huh?

Oh, want to hear about my new obsession? Okay, so this week, I had wanted to make a poster for DJ, so I wanted to blow up a picture of us. So, I walked in the pouring rain to Staples to make photocopies. I decided to get 2. However, the guy behind the counter decided to make 3 off-centered copies. I told him that I would take them all and he only charged me for 2. So, I am sure that now you are all wondering, what did Hinda do with the extra pictures? Allow me to satisfy your curiosity. I decided to have fun with one of them and trace over the picture with permanent markers. You know, red for the lips, brown or orange for the hair. As I was doing it, I turned the picture over and it had gone through to the other side. Telling you that it looked totally awesome would be an understatement!

So, due to my new hobby-finding, I went back to Staples yesterday and made copies of 6 more pictures. I already messed one up, but on the other hand, I did one that came out really really cool! Okay, moving right along.

After my shana alef girl left, I went to dinner with my roomie to meet Dena and her friend. There was some good moo-moo in the caf last night. Mmm. Then we went back to the dorm and chilled until 7:50. At that time, I went to meet Dena because we were going to a speech together. For our speech class (we have the same teacher but are not in the same class) we have to write a critique essay on a speaker for the end of the semester. We had to take notes...in other words, pay attention. The speech was amazing. The topic was "At Risk Adolescents in the Orthodox Jewish Community: Implications and Intervention for Educators." Dr. David Pelcovitz was the speaker. The speech was a part of his "inauguration" for becoming a professor at the Azrieli Graduate School of Jewish Education and Stern College. He was amazing. I have great notes (if I do say so myself) about what he said and I am planning to type them up, so if you would like a copy e-mailed to you, let me know.

I am staying in for Shabbos. I told myself that I would never do that. But, I am staying in Dena's apartment in Windsor which is a part of Stern. NICE apartments. I have to go to the caf soon to get stuff for seuda shelishit and stuff. And Dena wants me to ask a lot of questions. Oh, responsibility!

Shabbat Shalom, everyone!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home