Counter
Free Site Counter

Wednesday, March 23, 2005

The Elephant Parade

Yes, elephants. There are signs all over the dorm, "The elephants are coming 11-2am." I had no idea what that was supposed to mean, but boy, did I find out! At around 11:30, Debra told me to meet her in Dunkin Donuts. When I finished what I was doing, I went outside and EVERYONE was out there. It was a real partay. So, I found out that every year, when the circus comes to town, the elephants parade down 34th Street. No, I am not joking. So, at around 12:30, we heard yelling and then came the elephants. The dude with the spiky blond hair from all the circus ads was riding the first elephant. There were about 12-15. After them came horses and ponies. There were people running next to them in the street and on the sidewalk. It was really funny to watch. I didn't take any pictures, so close your eyes and imagine it.

After the "parade", my friend and I hung out in the lounge until the mob of girls waiting for the elevator disappeared. We were talking about how we have so much work to do and she said, "I couldn't do it because I was busy watching elephants parade down 34th Street." So I said back to her, "How often are you going to be able to use that excuse?" This is definitely one of the highlights of living in the city!

I got back up to my room at about 2. I decided to call my sister. She's in Israel, it's okay! I spoke to my brother-in-law for a few minutes, then I got to speak to my nephew. He babbles! He's so cute! When he was a smaller baby, my sister and brother-in-law read him The Hungry, Hungry Caterpillar. No matter what he was doing, he would always stop and follow their voice when they read it. Actually, they didn't have to read it since they learned it by heart. Now, when they say, "The warm sun came up and...", Daniel would say "POP"! He also says "hooray" (in his own way) when you say "If you're happy and you know it, shout hooray." How cute is that? Oh, I miss them so much! AAAAH! Ok, just wanted to share my nachas with you.

Happy Purim, everyone! :)

1 Comments:

At 12:33 AM, Blogger Karban Nesanel said...

yeah nachas!!!
Hinda, i know nachas, cuz my nephew is cute also, and all that. i havent seen him in a while though :-( but hes sooo cute!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home