Counter
Free Site Counter

Thursday, March 24, 2005

Home Again...

I went to sleep on Thursday morning at about 3:15 am. I was working on my speech and decided that it's better to sleep for a bit, then to get up early and work on it. So I got up at 9 and tried working on it. I realized that I can NOT speak about it. The subject is too broad. I am going to try to find another topic over the weekend. I think I want to speak about a controversy in Judaism. Any ideas?

At about 1pm, I went to Duane Reade to get some stuff for my mishloach manot (gifts of food that people give to each other on the holiday of Purim). Are you ready to hear what it was? Ok, so when I was in Target a few weeks ago, I got little purses. I put a box of apple juice, a box of raisins, and some Hershey kisses inside. Then I taped a little sign on it that said, (ready?) "Purim Sameach (happy Purim) to a wonderful PURSE-on!" Get it? Well, I did! Ha! Want to know where I get my punniness from? Here's what my family is doing this year:
They took a small foil pan with a cover, and inside they put: a bag of lettuce, grapes, a roll and an egg. READY?

LETTUCE wish you a GRAPE Purim which ROLLS into an EGGcelent Shabbos!

Yes, that's really what they are doing. I had nothing to do with it. Why are you so surprised?

Oh, the rest of the day! After I distributed some mishloach manot, I finished packing. At around 5:20, Debra asked me if I wanted to go to the pizza shop next door with her. I said yes. I was on the phone when I walked out of the room and I closed the door. Do you think I had my wallet and ID with me? Of course not. You have to understand that without your Stern ID, you don't exist. So I called Debra if I could come to her and get a card so I could try to break in. She told me that she was already in the pizza place, and my room was her room last semester, and it was impossible to break in. She told me to go to security. I called her roomate and she said the same thing. So, I went down to security. One of the women came up and unlocked my door. I grabbed my wallet and ID and went to the pizza place. We came back to the dorm and brought our suitcases down. We got a cab to Port Authority at around 6, got into the line at 6:30, then boarded at around 6:55. We didn't get into Boston until about 12:30am. Our bus driver was really funny. He had some kind of British-tinted accent. He made funny comments. Debra wanted to ask him which routes he drives back! Ha!

Debra's mom dropped me off at around 1:15am. Keep in mind that my parents have no idea that I'm coming home. My mother had called me on the bus. I picked up as if I was sleeping. So, when I got home, I saw all the lights were off. Thank G-d, the door wasn't double-locked, so I was able to get in with my key. Otherwise, I would have knocked on my brother's door. I got in and put my bags in the living room, then I went down to say hello to my brother, who thinks he has strep. He told me that he thought I would come home. Then I took my bags upstairs and went to sleep. At 6:30, my parents and little brother came into my room. It would have been more fun if they were awake when I came home. My mother said she heard me coming up the stairs, but she thought it was my brother.

ANYWAY, now I am waiting for Debra to call me so we could go SHOPPING! I can't wait to hit Target, Payless, Stop and Shop (to drop off an old roll of film), IParty (for all our Purim needs) Gap Outlet...sigh. I love being home!

I hope everyone is having an easy fast!

2 Comments:

At 6:41 PM, Blogger Sarah Smile said...

hindu, I wanna go shopping at TARGET!!! Think of me :)

 
At 9:41 PM, Blogger Karban Nesanel said...

yeah target!!

haha, i get it, purse-on, person, hehe...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home