Counter
Free Site Counter

Monday, April 04, 2005

MAZEL TOV!

MAZEL TOV! SPIEGEL IS ENGAGED!
My very good friend from seminary, Rachel Spiegel, got engaged to Avi Giladi of Brooklyn last night. (Pictures on onlysimchas...duh!) I had spoken to her in the morning and she told me I could go to her house for Shabbos. Then I got a call at 8 and she told me she was engaged. If I told you that I went crazy, that would be an understatement! AAAAH! As we say whenever a girl from Afikei gets engaged/married, "Another one bites the dust!" (well, originally, it was said when a girl was kicked out, but whatever) Whoa! So, at around 10, Erica, Allison and I went to Brooklyn. B"H Rachel is so happy and we are SO happy for her. She is in charge of the shtick at every wedding and it woul probably be too hard for her to do it at her own wedding. That leaves me in charge. It's a big responsibility! MAZEL TOV!
Oh, she said I could still go to her house for Shabbos! :)
Something really weird happened last night. We got back from Brooklyn at around 1:10am, and I got into bed at 1:30. Usually, when I get into bed, especially after 1am, I fall asleep very quickly. Last night, however, was a different story. I was tossing and turning for about a half hour. Then I heard my phone make it's "you have a text message" noise. I checked my phone to see if I really did get one, and I had! It was from a friend asking me to go down to her room because she needs "a crying shoulder." I went down to her and she was sitting alone in the dark and crying. I sat with her and listened for only 10 minutes, but it helped. At least I hope it did.
While I was sitting there, I realized something. Did H'shem not want me to fall asleep because He wanted me to be awake when she needed me?
There's something to think about...

1 Comments:

At 12:00 AM, Blogger Karban Nesanel said...

i wouldnt be surprised if thats why He didn't want you going to sleep. i would be surprised if that wasnt the reason a little bit actually.

but then again, who really knows what He's "thinking" (like He really thinks....)?

I miss you!
Tonny

ps - i cant really see your hair from that pic, i think i need a better one, or a lot from diff angles...;-) or in person!! yeah, i like that in person one the best! :-) SMILE!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home