Counter
Free Site Counter

Thursday, April 07, 2005

My Favorite Song

My current favorite song is called "Henay" from the album "Brand New Day" by Emes 2. I wanted to share the lyrics to this song, because it is a great song with a powerful message:

Woke up this morning searching for a ray of light
But the sky was black and everything was as dark as night
Scared to turn on the radio might find out I'm dead
A wise man once told me something can't remember a word he said.

Slowly crawled out of bed, just another day.
Don't even care if I'm headed the right way
How'd the world come to this, where did I go wrong
Why am I sitting here singing a sad song.

Why should I keep going on
Henay lo yanum v'lo yishan
Why should I try I'm just gonna fail
Lo yanum v'lo yishan shomer Yisrael*

(speeds up)

Woke up this morning searching for a ray of light
True the skies are black but I'll put up a fight
Turned on the radio turns out I'm not quite dead
Finally found the old man, remembered what he said.

Jumped out of bed and it's a brand new day
Made sure this time I was headed the right way
The world is what it is and that's reality
But it's up to me to decide what kind of song this will be.

But there's one thing that keeps me going on
Henay lo yanum v'lo yishan
One reason that I'm not scared to fail
Lo yanum v'lo yishan shomer Yisrael

Hiney lo yanum v'lo yishan shomer Yisrael


*This verse comes from Tehillim (Psalms) 121:4. It means:
Behold the Guardian of Israel will neither slumber nor sleep.


It gets harder and harder to take these words to heart. We see what the world is like now.
H-shem hides Himself more and more. We have to work hard to find Him.


Are you up for the job?

1 Comments:

At 11:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that song tooo!! i kinda discovered it a little after you considering its december, thats ok. at first i heard someone listening to it and i was wondering why they were listening to such a sad song...but then i listened to the rest!!! lalala...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home