Counter
Free Site Counter

Sunday, July 24, 2005

Over 2,000 hits! And only 1,994 of them are ME!

For all of you who have not been able to sleep due to wonderment of whether I found brown shoes or not, wonder no more, because I did! After work, Morah Shifra (Ed, she is more of a Morah than you'll ever be!) and I walked to Starbucks and got Frappaccinos. Then, we went our separate ways. She went home and I went downtown. Rebecca's bus was supposed to get in at 3:20, but she left me a message saying that it won't be getting in until 4:30. So, I figured that I should go shoe shopping before I got her since it would be late by the time she got in.

I looked in a lot of stores for shoes. You would think that since every store sells brown clothes they would also sell brown shoes! But, noooooooooo. I looked at my watch after looking in 5 different stores and saw that it was already 4:45. I called Rebecca and she told me that the bus was going to be late. So, naturally, I kept shopping. I found a pair in the Skechers store! They are a light shade of brown and they remind me of a pair of shoes that I borrowed from DJ for a few weeks. The first size I tried on were too big and the next size down fit perfectly. Perfectly, meaning that my toes were at the top. They weren't too cheap, but I bought the smaller size. I'll just have to make sure that I stay in air-conditioned rooms! They hurt my heels (they're flat shoes, but they rub my heels...oh, the pain a girl MUST endure!), but I'll be okay. Until the feeling comes back in my feet...

After leaving the store with my shoes in hand, I went to South Station to get Rebecca. It was about 5:00. She didn't end up coming in until 5:30. I was so happy when she came! I told her how worried I was, and realized that I am going to drive my kids crazy one day! I can't wait! HAHA! We got to my house at around 6:30 and Shabbos started at 8.

Shabbos was really nice. My brother's friend's bar mitzvah was a lot of fun. I love Sfardi davening!

I was up all night last night with my Aussie. Why, you might ask? Well, her flight from NY to LA (which is where she will get her flight to Australia) was at 5:45pm today. So, she was going to take the 2:30am bus early this morning so she could do some things in NY. My brother started driving us and the exit to South Station was blocked off (welcome to Boston) so we didn't get to the bus station until 2:45am, due to the detour. The security guard told us that the next bus was at 7am. Great. So, we came back home at about 3am and my brother found out on the internet that the 7am bus is an express bus, so it wouldn't be too bad. I stayed up until 5:30, then slept on the couch for 45 minutes. My older righteous brother told me that I could wake him at 6:30am to drive us (I was planning to take the T). So, I did. Hey, he asked for it! So three sleep-deprived people got into the car at 6:40am and we got her on the 7am bus.

I miss her, but I KNOW that I will be seeing her again soon. SOON, Rebecca!

Hope you enjoyed the long post. HELLO?

HELLO?!? Are you AWAKE?!?!?

Ahem
.


Today's Thought:

Why do people say they "slept like a baby" when babies wake up like every two hours?



2 Comments:

At 11:57 PM, Blogger Karban Nesanel said...

yeah i loce sfardi davening too...

"y'hei shlama rabba min Shemaya, chayyim vesava vishu'a venechama vesheizava urefuah uslicha vekaparah ugeulah veREVACH VEHATZLACHA lanu ulichol yisrael v'nomar amein."

i might have mixed up the order...

 
At 3:11 PM, Blogger Devora:-) said...

Um..Hinda? This whole staying away from New York thing was cute in the beginning, but I don't think I can take much more. Please come back and we can go shoe shopping together.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home