Counter
Free Site Counter

Friday, December 30, 2005

Shabbos is Coming...

(DJ and I didn't end up going to the concert. Neither of us were in the mood. So, YU has more of my money...what else is new?)


Shabbos is coming and I'm so happy. Every Shabbos I spend at Devora's is one that I look forward to. As I told her last night, I don't know how I would survive school and some parts of life in general if she wasn't here. As you know, I come up her a LOT and it really helps me through a lot.

Enough mushy stuff.

Devora is having 19 people for dinner. I am really excited. I love people. It's going to be great! The only thing I am not looking forward to is studying. I hope to get some done over Shabbos. I have a biology final and an education final (which are both accumalative) on Wednesday.

OH! I didn't get to blog yesterday, but get this. We have math class during reading week. Professor Grosof teaches two classes a day. One at 11:55 and one at 1:45. I usually go to the 1:45 class. In class on Tuesday, the class asked her whether they can go to the 11:55 class on Thursday. She said that whoever wanted to could go. So, on Thursday, I was debating on which class I wanted to go to. My friend Yael made the decision for me. She called me and told me she was coming into the city, so I went to meet her and we hung out. I ended up going to the 1:45 class. I got up there at about 1:43 and no one was there. I saw a girl from my education class (she took the math class last year) and I told her that no one was around and she told me to go ask the teacher. So, I went into her office and she was finishing up her lunch. I asked her if she knew if any other girls were coming to the 1:45 class. She said, "Well, I am prepared and anticipating to teach the material again." Well, she did...with me and me alone. No one else came to the later class. I really enjoyed it. At the end of the class, I said, "Wow, I understood that!" She asked me why I was surprised. Then she told me that I am probably the type to have a question in class, then write it off and think to myself everyone understands it except me. That's pretty much it. I told her that I am sure I am not the first one to do that. That class is intense.

A girl in the class named Yonina and I like to keep a collection of funny things that the teachers say and especially Dr. Grosof. At some point in the class, she started talking about the cafeteria food. She was saying how every night, there is some form of fried or baked chicken. It's all the same, but they come up with different names for it:

Dr. Grosof: Hawaiian chicken. What is that? A chicked went on vacation and came back wearing a shirt with flowers? Or Mexican chicken? It's all the same. It's a well-travelled chicken!

At another point in the class, she asked a question and wanted me to answer it. This is how it went:
Dr. Grosof: So how do we subtract relations from each other? (looks at me) Over to you, red whatever."

Okay, so the chicken quote was better, but I enjoyed this one. Ha!
I wanted to write that yesterday, but I didn't get a chance. I feel better now.

I am waiting for Devora to get back from work. She said she was leaving at noon and I really hope she did. When she gets back, I am going to Key Food and then to Staples to get stuff to make placecards with. I am so excited!

Have a good Shabbos!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home