Counter
Free Site Counter

Monday, August 28, 2006

Pictures are Up!

Yitz and Sorah Rivka's l'chaim pictures are now up!

I got home from Boston at about 12:30am. I chilled with Kaila for a little while. My computer cord wasn't working, so I got really annoyed, but then I moved into my bedroom and plugged it in here. It works! I am hoping to go to Best Buy this week to replace my computer. I was directed to go to a certain one where they are known to be friendly.

Shabbos was really nice. Chilled with DJ, (D, I am still really sorry), her neighbors and some other people. My aunt picked me up after Shabbos and we drove to Worcester. We stayed there overnight, then made our way to Boston. I had all the paper goods (my parents left them in my apartment by accident). The l'chaim was really nice. Lots of people came, and I was so happy! They are so cute.

Since we don't have fieldwork placements yet, there is no class tomorrow morning which means that I start at 12 and only have 2 classes! WOOHOO! And I actually like the classes! Awesome.

Oh, so I never shared my latest "I Love Stern" story:
On Thursday, I was supposed to have my Psych Lifespan class. The psych department had recently made a rule that if you had taken Psych Child, you can't take Psych Lifespan, but Erica and I had gotten special permission to take it. Before the class started, the teacher said, "Let me start off by saying that if you have taken Child with me already, you can not take this course." Erica and I didn't think that referred to us since we got special permission. Erica went over to ask her, and the teacher said she couldn't take the class, so she left. Miriam and Erica tried to convince me that I was an exception, but I wanted to leave. When the teacher was handing out papers, she came over to me and said, "Hinda, come talk to me after class." So, I said, "Am I allowed to be taking this class?" She said no, so I said, "Well, they said I could if I was making up a class." So she said, "Well you'll have to do it with another professor."

I was really mad. Two academic advisors had told me that I could take this course. The worst thing was that she had asked me to see her after class. Had I sat there and wasted an hour of my life, then gone over to her so she could tell me that I couldn't take the class, I would have been even angrier than I am now. I told my father about it today, and he said that he is still willing to come down here for a day and straighten everything out. I think I am going to ask him to do that.

Okay, I am going to sleep now. I hope everyone had a great weekend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home