Counter
Free Site Counter

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

No More Dance Class :-(

That's right everyone. I am out of my favorite class. No more Dancing with Dassie. It makes me sad.

BUT...THERE IS A SILVER LINING!

I met with the head of the education department today. She saw how overwhelmed I was. I told her my psychology situation and some other things, so she called one of the academic advisors. Eventually, she said into the phone, "Can we come down there?" So, the head of the department took me down to the office. She had to leave so I was left with the advisor. She made it clear cut and it was a big relief for me. I won't go into all the details (because, frankly, I don't remember them), but this is what I have so far:

I am switching around my schedule this semester to fill as many requirements as possible (including the psych I was not allowed to take-with a different teacher)

I have to take a few courses this summer.

If I don't take all the courses I need to in the summer, then I can take one course in the fall while I am teaching.

I need to get exempted from a Jewish History requirement.

I had to sign up for a 2.5 hour class, but it's with a good teacher and it's for education, so I don't care.

ALL IN ALL, I can march in graduation in May. I just won't have a degree yet.

The advisor told me that she is doing things unofficially to help me. I got nervous at plenty of points in the two meetings that we had (she had called me again to change more things and I had to go back to meet with her).

Okay, I have homework then I really need sleep.

Mazel tov on my future graduation.

1 Comments:

At 12:59 PM, Blogger Karban Nesanel said...

mazal tov Hinda. im glad things have worked out for the most part.

regards from the Holy Land, hope everything else is going alright. i miss you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home