Counter
Free Site Counter

Thursday, July 28, 2005

About the drama from last night. I e-mailed the girl to whom I expressed my feelings. I apologized for ending it the way I did. I wrote that I know we won't be able to go back to the way we used to be (i.e. talking on the phone) but I hope we can handle it in a civil manner. Good enough. I think.

TODAY WAS SO MUCH FUN! Want to know what spur of the moment means? Let me tell you.

This morning, Morah Miriam came into camp and said, "Can we make pretzels?" So our "Morah Minds" got to work and together we made a whole activity to lead up to our pretzel making. Since we learned about travel this week, we decided that I will be a trolley driver (with a crown with a green line trolley on it) and drive the kids to the pretzel factory. Here is an excerpt from our weekly newsletter:

On Thursday, we took a pretend trip to a pretzel factory. Morah Hinda put on a hat with a trolley on it and she became “Morah Hinda the Train Driver.” We talked about how going on a train is a way we can travel. Then we made a pretend train on the carpet, we each paid a token to get on by putting a penny into the tzedakah box. We sang “The Wheels on the Train” while we were driving. When we got to the pretzel factory, we met “Morah Miriam the Pretzel Lady.” (It was really Morah Miriam wearing a pretzel crown.) She showed us how to make real pretzels! She let us help her make them! We even got to eat the pretzels! They were so yummy!

There you have it. The epitome of "spur of the moment-Morah style".

I can't believe that it is going to be August next week. The summer FLEW by! Whoa! My Hebrew birthday is on Monday, so for those of you who missed my English birthday...Monday is your chance to repent!

My brothers are now fighting over who gets the computer, so I will stop here... The thought of the day will come later. The suspense should keep you on your toes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home