Counter
Free Site Counter

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

My Last Post For a Few Days. Hope you'll be okay.

Babysitting was a lot of fun! The kid is TOO CUTE! We chilled in the park for a while, then we went back to the house and put on his bathing suit. Then we went back to the park and had a WATER FIGHT! It was a bit unfair since he had a bathing suit on and I was dressed, but, boy, was it FUN! We both got soaked. When we were semi-dried off, we set off for Harvard Street. For those of you who are not from around here, Harvard Street is the I-don't-know-what-to-do-today-so-I-am-going-to-walk-up-and-down-this-street-to-pass-time street. We wanted to go to the library, but it was closed, so we went to Barnes and Noble instead. While we were reading books there, we met up with a girl I know who was babysitting for twins who were in camp this summer. They are really cute.

After Barnes and Noble, we went to the pizza store to get french fries. Then we went to JP Licks. Uriel wanted a milkshake, so I bought him one. I know...I rule. I got a small ice cream cone. I said to Uriel, "I bought you a milkshake because you were so well behaved on our playdate." He answered me by saying, "And you get an ice cream cone because you were so well behaved, too!" He said some really cute things. When we were walking towards Harvard Street, for example, I said to him, "Okay, now we are on Beacon Street." He said, "This isn't Beacon Street. It's Beacon sidewalk!" I thought that was really cute.

After our exhausting trip, we went back to the house. Uriel conked out in the carriage two minutes after I put him in it. During his nap, my friend from England called and we had a nice little chat. When Uriel woke up, I read him about 10 books and then his father came home. You should have seen the look on Uriel's face when his father walked in. He just stared at him blankly! He didn't want our playdate to be over. And, honestly, neither did I! I told Uriel that I will visit him in school. I usually spend my vacations substituting anyway!

My family and I went miniature golfing tonight. It was fun. After we finished our game, my little brother, my father and I, tried out the batting cages. I didn't do too badly for a girl. While we were there, I got a call from the new NCSY director of Greater Boston. He told me that he is having a mini-Shabbatony kind of thing and he invited me to his house for Friday night and to the Millers for Shabbos day. This should be fun! I am driving up to Waterbury with him and Rabbi Miller tomorrow morning for LTS. I am really excited.

I am supposed to have worked on my Shana Bet assignments. My seminary isn't too good about getting back to me. Don't they know that the world revolves around me? I e-mailed the secretary (my former roommate) and told her that I need the 3 credits (that I am short of) for Shalom Bayis (peace in the home) reasons. My parents are getting annoyed. ARGH. What can I do?
I am going back to New York this Sunday. Classes don't start until Wednesday, but I want to have a chance to like New York (i.e. hang out with friends) before I start to dislike it. We'll see how that goes. I also have to get there early to claim the alcove! Sorry, Perica!

I won't be blogging again until at least Friday. Be strong! Enjoy the next few days!

JOKE OF THE DAY

A brunette, a redhead, and a blonde were on their way to Heaven. God told them that the stairway to Heaven was 1000 steps, and that on every 5th step He would tell them a joke. He told them not to laugh at any of the jokes along the way or else they would not be able to enter Heaven. The brunette went first and started laughing on the 45th step, so she could not enter Heaven. The redhead went next and started laughing on the 200th step, so she could not enter Heaven either. Then, it was the blonde's turn. When she got to the 999th step, she started laughing.

"Why are you laughing?" God asked. "I didn't tell a joke."

"I know," the blonde replied. "I just got the first joke."

6 Comments:

At 1:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pinda, you make me laugh (and its not the joke, sorry) I guess you can have the alcove...

 
At 1:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

the joke is funny too

 
At 3:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

SUNDAY!!!!!!!!
Yay I'm so excited!!!!!! :D

Can't wait to see you!

 
At 10:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

bright and early, Tuesday morning...I shall wake you up :)

 
At 8:24 AM, Blogger Karban Nesanel said...

you mean driving DOWN to waterbury with them.

hehe my sisters blonde...

 
At 10:57 PM, Blogger Special Ed said...

ur back post already

 

Post a Comment

<< Home