Counter
Free Site Counter

Sunday, January 01, 2006

First Day of the New Year

This morning, we all woke up at around 10:30. Devora made scrambled eggs and she and Marc helped each other make pancakes. We finished watching Pirates of the Carribean, then everyone was trying to decide what the day's activity would be. I went back to school on the 3:30 shuttle, and my brother came to my dorm at around 6:30. He had called me when I was at Devora's to tell me that he was outside my dorm, but he would be back later. He went shopping with his friend, then came back later. We drove to the Heights (yes, I went back to the Heights) and got shwarma. It was fun. Then he dropped his friend off, since he left his car in the Heights, then he dropped me off at Devora's. I waited for her to come back from Abigael's. Now we are just chilling and I want to play poker since I learned how to play Texas Hold 'Em last night. I won a lot. It was great.

I just had a good phone call with my mom. I was talking to her about randomness, then I started crying about my finals. I have a lot this week. Two on Wednesday, two on Friday (which means I am stuck in the city for Shabbos, which is not cool, but Yael might come in which would make it a LOT more enjoyable!) then one on the 11th. I totally forgot about the one on the 11th until I looked at my calendar tonight. I was so excited to go home on Monday, but now I can't. I am excited to go to my friend's engagement party on Sunday night, though. ANYWAY, my point is, my mother was telling me not to worry and to just do the best I can. We talked about the possibility of transferring. I doubt it will happen, but who knows? If Stern is going to prevent me from graduating on time...oh mama. I told her that I am not sure if I will do well in a lot of my classes. She assured me that I won't fail, and I assured her that I am not sure of that. She told me not to stress out. She told me to do the best I can, and then it will be over. My mother is such an amazing woman. I really want a hug from her right now.

Today, I got a phone call from my little brother from my mom's cell phone. He asked me when I was coming home. I told him that I am coming home soon. He told me, "Oh, are you only coming home for a Shabbaton, then leaving?" I told him that I have vacation and I will be home afterwards. He was happy. It made me feel really good. I miss my family.

Okay, time to find something to do. Have a good night.

1 Comments:

At 1:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You don't post so often anymore. It is much harder to stay in touch when you don't always update your blog. missing you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home