Counter
Free Site Counter

Sunday, October 16, 2005

Building the Sukkah

I helped build the sukkah this morning. No, I am not asking for a medal. Unless you happen to have one handy. During my "break", my sister IMed me and told me that my older nephew says my name. Then she called and he said "Ada". That's usually what the wee ones call me. Of course, I was crying during this naming ceremony. Then my sister asked him what the shofar says, and he said, "TOOOOT!" It was really cute! I told my sister that I hope she comes soon because I am not coming to Israel anytime soon now that the whole summer school at YU thing is probably going to happen. Well, maybe I can swing a trip in August. ARGH, I don't know! I want to work in camp. Whatever.
The head of the school here (the same school that has the camp that I work in) called this morning and told me that she needs me this Thursday and Friday and next Thursday and Friday. In the morning, I will be an assistant in the preschool, and in the afternoon, (get this) I'll be a fourth grade teacher! Ha! It's what I'm learning to be (second grade, not fourth, but close enough!), so why not practice? I hope the seven fourth grade girls that I will be teaching won't mind being my guinea pigs! I substituted for first grade and second grade there before, so I am not totally new at the game. I can't wait!
Last night, I went to see In Her Shoes with Dena. I loved it! I called Devora before I went to tell her that I was going, since I didn't want to tell her afterwards. (No guilt trip included here) She told me to call her right after it was over. I did, and she didn't pick up her phone. It's okay because we spoke online after I got home. I was disappointed that they left out some things, but it was good.
I'm going to UMass tomorrow and my brother is coming with me. I'm really glad he's coming. I am not sure what it's going to be like, but I'm sure it will be lots of fun! It's my first sukkos in America in two years and I am not spending it at home. I feel kind of bad about that, but I am sure my parents understand that I like to spend time with friends. My friend Amy G. is coming and I am really happy about that.
Alright, my father just came inside which means it's time to make him a special lunch for building the sukkah so nicely.
Have a good day!

2 Comments:

At 4:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a good yom tov.

 
At 9:51 PM, Blogger Aliza "La Jewminicana" Hausman said...

Okay, you get a medal because instead of building a sukkah or even helping to decorate one, I slacked off and ended up only attaching two or three plastic mushrooms to the thing. Oh well. Hey, if you're at YU this summer, we should hang because I have the entire summer off as teachers do;). Fourth graders? SCARY!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home