Counter
Free Site Counter

Sunday, October 23, 2005

UMass and Other Stuff

Yom Tov at UMass was awesome! Our Mapquest directions got us a bit lost right before Yom Tov started, but we made it on time. I had such a great time. I met a lot of cool people and got to bond with those I already knew. On the way to Amherst, we stopped at Target and bought Apples to Apples. It is such an addictive game. We played it a lot over Yom Tov.

After Yom Tov, Ben invited us to watch his band rehearse. It was so much fun. Afterwards, me, Adina and Amy went to Stop and Shop with our new friend Dan and his bird, Tuki. Tuki really liked me. He sat on my shoulder and didn't want to go to anyone else (and yes, that made me feel happy). It kind of made me feel like a pirate. Ha!

I did my teaching thing on Thursday and Friday. It was AWESOME! (Yes, I realize that I have been using the word "awesome" a lot in this post) I am really glad that I am able to substitute for an elementary school because that's what I want to do when I grow up (if I grow up). I can't wait! We had a lot of fun. When I first got into the room, I let them know how excited I was to be their substitute. Two of the girls in the class were in the same school as me (in Sharon), so we had a lot to talk about. It was funny being their teacher, because three years ago, I was the cool high school girls who would cut class and visit their classroom! The girls asked me what I wanted them to call me, and I told them to call me Miss Kashnow. They thought it was weird, but I told them that it makes me happy, and if they call me Miss Kashnow, I'll give them prizes on my last day. Yes, it also gave me a power trip. Just kidding. Actually, maybe I'm not.

When I was teaching, one of the girls said to me, "You should wear high heel shoes so you can feel like a real teacher." So I told them all to bring fancy shoes on Friday and we'll have a Shabbos party. One of the girls in the class who I have known since she was born told me that her birthday was on Friday, so we had a Shabbos/birthday party. I had more fun than them. I taught them some cool stuff that I learned in Israel. I love teaching!

Amy came to my house for Shabbos. Adina ate here on Friday night. I hadn't eaten in my family's sukkah for two years. It was great. Today, we had Malinka Devitchka and her family over for lunch. It started drizzling right when we finished our meal. It was nice.

After Shabbos,Yitz, Amy, Adina and I went to Target and Cafe Eilat. We (minus Amy who is going home in the morning) are going to Six Flags tomorrow with NCSY. I really hope it doesn't rain too much. I also have to figure out when I am writing my paper for math class. Oh, boy.

That's the update for now.

2 Comments:

At 8:35 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Sounds like you're having fun! Moadim L'simcha! Miss ya! Just one question - Hinda and high heeled shoes? huh? ;P

 
At 5:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Six flags without me?!?!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home