Counter
Free Site Counter

Thursday, November 24, 2005

Thanksgiving in Boston

I got home at around 12:45pm. My mother had told me yesterday that we are having Thanksgiving lunch at my house with a few relatives. We usually go to Pawtucket every year, but this year my aunt and uncle are in New Haven with my new baby cousin! Our whole family usually gets together because my grandfather's birthday was right around Thanksgiving time.

Last night, I ended up going to my Deborah's dorm. When I got to the subway station, I realized that I forgot my phone (this has become a common occurrence). I didn't want to go back, so I went to the UWS anyway. I got there and tried calling Deborah collect from a payphone, which you can't do. Then, out of sheer desperation, I called my house collect to ask them to call her. During the collect call, there was a beep and I didn't realize that I had to say my name again, so the operator told me that my party did not accept the charges. Oh, well. She was polite, so it was okay. I decided to walk over to the dorms anyway. It was cold and I was getting pretty nervous. I was crossing the street and saw a girl I knew from NCSY, but I am not friends with her. Then, I was just standing on the corner when I saw my friend Allison on the next corner. I couldn't believe it. Thank you, Hashem! When she crossed over, I gave her a huge hug and told her what had happened. She thought it was pretty cool, too. She signed me in and took me up to her floor, which happens to be Deborah's, too. Feb was pretty surprised to see me at her door.

When I was there, she made me another CD and we hung out. Her friend, Flo, came up, too. A little while before I left, we saw the floats for the Thanksgiving Parade being pulled down the street outside of Deborah's window. It was pretty cool.

This morning, after telling myself all night about how paranoid I felt about sleeping through my alarm, I woke up on time. I left my dorm at 7:30am and walked to the bus station. The streets were mostly blocked off for the parade, so I wouldn't have wanted to take a cab anyway. I got there at around 7:50, got my ticket, then went to wait at the gate. When I was talking towards the gate, I saw a huge (and I mean all the way down the corridor huge) line. Thank G-d it wasn't the line to my gate. I ended up getting on the 8:30 instead of the 9. Nice. I sat next to a girl I recognized from school. There were 4 other Stern girls on the bus. The ride went by pretty quickly.

We had Thanksgiving lunch. It was nice. Now, my father, brothers and 2 cousins are playing football in the street. My cousin said I should play since they need 6 people, but I told him that I can't because I just did my nails. (No, I am not serious.)

I am waiting for my neighbor to get home so I can see the new baby! I am so excited! I hope she calls me to come over and unwrap the baby.

We are leaving to New Haven at around 5:30am on Sunday morning. Woohoo! I hope Dunkin Donuts will be open then.

That's all the spewing I have for now. Happy Thanksgiving!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home