Counter
Free Site Counter

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Coatless

In case you couldn't figure it out from the title of this post, I did not get a coat last night. I wanted to get the same one that Erica lent me over the weekend, but they only had one and it wasn't in my size. I am hoping to get one on Friday when I am home. We'll see.

Last night, my Deborah and I went to Dougie's for dinner after Burlington Coat Factory. It was pouring rain, so it was a real adventure. I love going out with Deborah. She makes me feel a lot more comfortable with being myself. We had a great time coloring on the table-paper and making friends with our waiter. There was a couple across from us, and the woman was drawing her date. He asked us if the picture looked like him. Then he told us about his a capella group, six13. We checked out the site. Not so bad.

After Dougie's, we went to Barnes and Noble. I finally got "The Jester Has Lost His Jingle" by David Saltzman. I wrote about it in my post on September 24th. It is one of the best children's books I have ever read. I recommend it. It is worth the price. I can get you 20% off with my educator's card. :) I also bought "The Stinky Cheese Man and Other Fairly Stupid Fairy Tales." Deborah said it is one of her favorite books. I looked at it and thought it was really funny, so, naturally, I bought it. It has stories in it called, "The Boy Who Cried Cow Patty", "Little Red Running Shorts", "Cinderumpelstiltskin" and others. I am going to read it on the bus ride home. Our literacy teacher wants us each to read their favorite children's book to the class. I am reading one sometime in December. If anyone has a book they would recommend, I would appreciate hearing about it. Thanks! After Barnes and Noble, we went back to Deborah's dorm. She made me a CD and I headed back to midtown at around midnight. I made sure to put on my "don't-mess-with-me" face.

Today after school, I am going to hang out with Mrs. G. My married friend. Yup, married friend. Erica and I are going to hang out with her while she drives someone around, then we are going to her apartment to look at her wedding pictures. She said that I was in a lot of pictures with my Red Sox shtick. (She is a big Yankees fan.)

We are getting our math midterms back today. I am pretty nervous about it. Okay, REALLY nervous about it. But, I am sure this teacher has seen worse than whatever I did. It's a really tough class and she knows it. I got a B+ on my bio lab test. I was okay with it even though I had thought I did better than that. It will bring up my biology average.

Okay. Bye-bye.

2 Comments:

At 2:42 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Dougies? You went to Dougies? I'm going to go to Dougies. I want to see you at Dougies! You and Erica both and anyone else that you want to bring along! But, I REALLY want to see you!! I miss you soooo much!

I will e-mail you!
I will call you!

We will NOT be in the same country and NOT see each other again!

I cannot allow that to happen!

Ok?

Good.

Lol! My word verifications thigy is: 'geebs' - Hehehe. Well, I thought it was pretty funny.

 
At 12:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey love,
bummer abt the not fnding a coat. we should go coat shopping i need one too.

Deborahs good fun and very cool. she poked me alot in class and ate my cheerios.ok that made her sound like a kindergaden bulkly but i really do like her!

stinky cheese man is an amazing book! i was obsessed w it! another good one is "Does Gd have a big toe". remind me and ill lend it to u. the discount card sounds intriguiging (ok dont think i spelt that correctly).

mmmmmdougies.

love and faith

 

Post a Comment

<< Home