Counter
Free Site Counter

Sunday, December 04, 2005

Another weekend...gone

Last night, we ended up staying in my room. It was really cold out and we didn't want to eat or spend money, so that didn't leave us much to do in this city. So, the girls made a poster for my room and we made funny videos on my digital camera. Really funny videos! I had such a great time with them and I can't wait to hang out with them again soon!

Today, Perica and I went shopping with Allison. Perica got clothes! Congrats, Princess! Tonight, I am going to start studying for bio. There is a test on Tuesday and nothing is stuck in my head. It's a multiple choice test, so that should help me a little bit. We'll see.

I totally forgot to write about my fieldwork on Friday morning! Erica and I went to PS41 and got there about a half hour early. To make a long story short, I had a great time in the 3rd grade classroom I was assigned to. They call the teacher by her first name, which is a little strange, but whatever floats their boat. I think they do that in every class. I took crazy notes the whole time and had a chance to read some of the books they had in the room, and I think I may have found one to read in my Language and Literacy class. There was a freshman from NYU observing, too. The only thing that I didn't like too much was that I didn't really do anything with the kids. It is, however, completely understandable because she was told that I was there to observe, not help out. One of the kids had come over to me early in the day and said, "Who are you?" I said, "I'm Hinda." She said, "Oh, cool." I asked her what her name was and she told me that it's Sammy. Then I heard her go over to a few kids and say, "Her name is Hinda." It was really cute. Even though I had a good time (even though I was really nervous about it), I still miss fieldwork at Ramaz! I am going back to PS41 on December 16. Then I am done.

I have to go get my laundry out of the dryer unless someone already took it out and threw it somewhere. Sigh...college.

1 Comments:

At 10:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey
good to hear that Shabbos worked out, that Erica got clothes, (very good to hear) abt field work and studying. but i do have a bone to pick w u, what happened w ice skating date?! some of us need to live vicariously thru u. we all cant be stunning red heads w ana amzing sense of humor. cmon on man, i mean really sniffle sniffle. :)
love and faith

p.s. i watched Napolean again and laughed so hard! (even tho i messed upthe lines). Tina u fat lard!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home