Counter
Free Site Counter

Monday, September 05, 2005

I WENT TO DETROIT!!!!!!

I WENT TO DETROIT! When my friends arrived in Detroit, the girl who is getting married called me and asked me why I didn't come. When the girls told her I wasn't coming, she thought they were kidding. I told her that I didn't want to go for Shabbos, but if there is a ride on Saturday night, I wouldn't hesitate. I made sure that she knew how much I wanted to be there.

About a half hour after the phone call, my friend Aliza called me. I told her about how much I wanted to go and how bad I felt about the mess on Thursday night. So she said, "Would you like to go with me and Abbey on Satuday night?" I started freaking out!

SO, on Saturday night (after one of the best Shabbosim I've ever had) I took a train to the city to pack, then I went to Brooklyn to Abbey's house, then we drove to Far Rockaway to get Aliza. We went to Dunkin Donuts before we got onto the road at 2am.

We were five miles away from where we needed to be when the car started shaking and smoke started coming from the hood. Aliza pulled the car onto the shoulder and we all got out. We had no idea what to do. Suddenly, a car pulled to the side of the ramp that we were next to. A REALLY REALLY nice couple from the area stopped to help us. The husband came out to look at our car and told us that the car is overheated and needs more coolant. He didn't want to leave us on the highway, so we got into his car and went to his house. We got coolant then went back to the car. He tried putting it in but it came right out. Then he told us that he would take the car to his son-in-law to see if he could patch it up. He drove the broken car and we went with his wife. To make a long story short, nothing could be done with the car, so they drove us to our host's house. We went to the wedding, and this morning we had the car towed to Firestone where they told us that they can't help us. Great. Tomorrow morning we are going to a mechanic to see if he could help us. I am missing class tomorrow. Oh, well.

WISH US LUCK!

2 Comments:

At 3:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

YAY!
I was so worried about you.
I'm glad you made it.
I'm sorry to hear about the car.
I'm happy to hear you made it to Detroit.

 
At 11:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oy....that is all i have to say. This was an insane weekend!!! ill take notes for you ;)!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home